[IP] Big school meeting tomorrow

Greetings fellow pumpers:

Tomorrow is our big day -- I have a major meeting Re: Lauren's D care at
school and I have to say, that sage, well written tale by the mom of the
girl who "Fell of the wagon" came at the perfect time. I now realize that
the answer to Lauren's school not knowing pump stuff is NOT to let Lauren
take in on herself (as she wants). She simply MUST have a grown up
overseeing and being responsible for her D not only at home but also at
school. I was thinking, "She's so good and so smart, maybe I will just let
her do it." Now I say NO! The school must train someone and have them be
available to Lauren (in her classroom, not in the nurse's office two floors
and a long ways away) All the time! I'm so thankful for that jarring story
to make me realize this. Will make my fight easier to understand. I just
hope they HEAR me. I'm heading in armed with my rights, some knowledge and
DETERMINATION for my little girl! :-) Wish me luck!!!

Mom of Lauren, 9
a "Poster child" whose mom needs to give a break!!