[IP] ADA Camp

I went to an ADA camp when I was  about 9 or 10.  I'd already been diabetic for more than a year, but it was a very good experience. I felt "normal" there because all the other kids were taking shots and testing their blood sugars, and having occaisonal hypos.  For the first time, I saw that there were other diabetics out there who weren't thirty years older than me or facing amputation like the few I knew. I don't know much about how a pumper would feel if the camp was mainly MDI, but I do know I don't regret going.
One side note--I almost gave my mother a heart attack while I was gone.  I went to mail her a letter like we had discussed to let her know I was doing okay.  But the camp store was out of regular stamps.  Not knowing the difference, I bought a postcard stamp.  Needless to say, she never got my letter.  I found out later she was calling the camp demanding to know that I was still alive after a few days.  They do discourage letting parents talk to kids on the phone, I guess because it makes home sickness harder.  So pack some stamps for your camper!!

Sherry C
>From the massive city of Bowling Green, KY
Who wasn't a very bright kid apparently.