Re: [IP] bolus for a low blood sugar

In a message dated 3/11/01 10:49:17 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I can easily find myself without circulating insulin half an hour before my
> blood sugar starts going up. If I do not treat this hypoinsulinemia I will
> pay
> exorbitantly for a couple of hours after my cells start starving to death.
> Serum
> potassium starts to raise rapidly, cell respiration declines precipitously
> and
> in general I just feel like crap. I think that this is what people may
> experience when they become ketoacidotic. So whenever I "feel" my serum
> insulin
> level falling I take a bunch of insulin.

but isn't this covered by your basal insulin??  There shouldn't be anytime
that your body is totally without insulin when you're on the pump, even if
your body doesn't make any insulin at all anymore.
Just wondering?

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000