Re: [IP] For parents -- caution -- it's long. :-)

Your story sounds familiar. I have a daughter, Natalee ....13, whom we've
seen this problem with before. She is still waiting for her pump. Beware that
these kids get creative in what they do. Finger nail polish on the strip,
watered down blood, skipping readings, candy stashed everywhere manageable,
someone else'd blood, ect. It is all part of the act of being a teenager. I
can tell you to watch her carefully with you taking control of everything
dealing with this disease. Sometimes this can, after a while, lead to
resentment towards you. (this I know....have been there). All I can say to
you is keep your head up and not think that it is your fault. They all learn
from their mistakes and making them sometimes is a great experience.
I wish you all the luck and my thoughts are with you.