Re: [IP] For parents -- caution -- it's long. :-)

In a message dated 3/11/01 3:47:26 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< For the 1st time in weeks, once again I have
a happy 14 yr. old at my house! Why? I believe it's because she has the
weight of lying off her shoulders, and the responsibility of her diabetes
care. She is feeling 100% better than she did. >>

Sue, I'll bet a good part of the reason she's feeling so much better is not
psychological at all, but simply that a diabetic literally does feel so much
better when in better control.  :-)

I really admire how well you are dealing with this.  As Patrick put it, we
all do fall of the wagon from time to time, and the important thing is to get
back on.  Spiraling out of control is so easy with diabetes; sounds like you
have helped her get back in.  Hope she remembers how much better it feels,
which may be a much stronger motivation for a child than worrying about
future complications.

Linda Z