[IP] Chat for week 3-11-2001

Pumpers and Friends,

Chat announcement

Okay, you chataholics--we now have chats every day of the week. Below
is IP's schedule of weekly, moderated (i.e., you know there'll be at least
one other person in the room!) chat times. The chat rooms are open anytime,
to any member, so feel free to chat whenever. Also, these times below don't
change, so mark your calendars--if you miss one this week, there's always
another at the same time next week.

Please remember that the chatrooms are open 24/7. If you need to talk or
can't sleep, feel free to drop a note to the list that you are in chat and
what room you are in and just wait someone will come. IP has members from
all over the world someone is always up! When I was in hospital, I chatted
with peoples from UK, Germany, and OZ. They were my lifelines to the world.
And now that I'm home 24/7, I am on-line most of the time. I know that
members from other parts of the world, do chat so if you like to set up a
time and day you would like to host a chat send me a note (IP has a great
group of chat hosts that would love to help you start a new chat and all it
takes is some time management).
Remember that all chats are available in the MEMBERS only area of the
web site. You can view the transcripts of all chat sessions in the archives
for later reference. Most of the time when we have a guest speaker in chat
they take place in the Guest Room.

Mary DeHaas email @ redacted is BACK! Hosting a chat for spouses
and support persons of insulin pumpers on Monday nights at 9 p.m. EST
(2a.m. GMT) in the ***Anytime Room***
I have been ask if  IP can hold a D- chat in the Smalltalk1 room starting at
8p.m. CST, yes as member you can start your own chat as long as you follow
the membership rules.  This will be the UN-Official disetronic chat for the
time being. FYI: Disetronic has stopped hosting a chat on their webpage on
Monday nights;  for server work .

Melissa Howell email @ redacted is hosting a chat it the Anytime room at
9 P.M. EST  (2 a.m.  GMT)

On the first Tuesday of the month, Animas will be doing a chat in the
9 P.M. EST  (2 a.m.  GMT)

Andrew Bender email @ redacted and Ed Marsh email @ redacted
are teaming up to hosts a Wednesday night chat at 9 p.m. EST (2 a.m. GMT) in
the Anytime Room.

CJ Jutras email @ redacted is BACK! and will be doing his chat
every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST (2 a.m. GMT) in the Anytime Room. C J would
like to invite all past chat friends back to his Thursday night chat! Drop
By and say hello and get those long awaited questions answerd or share those
great puming tips with us.

Friday night at 9 p.m. EST (2 a.m. GMT), Dauna Breiding
email @ redacted is hosting a TGIF chat. Join Dauna in the Anytime Room
(and bring a cup of coffee) Dauna is a great host, she does chats twice in
one day
so watch for her post to see if she is doing a chat in the morning TOO!

NEW CHAT HOSTED by Glenn Marks email @ redacted at 9p.m. EST (2
a.m. GMT)

Come to chat at 8 p. m. EST in the Anytime Room co-hosts Ed Marsh
email @ redacted, Jenny Sutherland email @ redacted, Roselea
email @ redacted You asked for an early start time so check it out.

Also, let me know if you're interested in hosting a chat at any other
time. We'd love to have more volunteers and all you have to do is show up
and talk! Also, if you have any problems accessing the chat room, any of the
hosts will be happy to talk you through it. We still need people to help
fill-in for chats, If you like to be fill-in chatter or like to start your
own time, please let me know and I will add you to the list. Also if you
have a idea about who (as a guest chatter) or what subject at you like to be
talk about in chat I would love to see if we can get that person or subject
covered in a chat.

To get started chatting, just goto:

Instructions are there at the site, and remember that the password is
"pumper". Hope to see you in the chat rooms!

IP Chat Hosts:
Jenny Nash email @ redacted
Carolyn Green (email @ redacted)
Rodney Mead (email @ redacted)