Re: [IP] For parents -- caution -- it's long. :-)

I find it amazing that you support your daughter in such a fashion.
I never had those luxuries when I was growing up.  I think for two
months after I got home from the hospital ( at the age of ten)
Things were pretty good, my mother helped me tremendously.  Then I
went into a honey moon period.  My mother stopped taking me to the
endo and we found a general practice doctor that took over my care.
Which, there was NONE. He did tell my folks when to start the
insulin again after my 5 mos period. But from that point on I was
completely and totally in charge of my diabetes.  Portion control
was never established.  I ate what ever, when ever.  Carb counting
wasn't there. They tried to figure out the exchanges thing. But it
was such a hassle to remember I have to eat X at X time.   I wish
my parents were able to be supportive.  Guess just some parents are
and others aren't.

Do You Yahoo!?