Re: [IP] Fwd: Re: Social Security Disability

Julie, I certainly can feel your pain... well, at least some of it. I too
have type 1, I've had it for almost 20 years now, I have neuropathy,(In all 4
extremities) retinopathy (which makes me unable to drive), nephropathy,
gastroparesis, and geez, I know there's more but I also have a bad memory!!
LOL  I applied for SS disability a few months ago. This is my 2nd try. The
first time they said that I was still able to work a desk job.  Not now!! I
can barely see things. The only reason I can write on the computer is because
it's lit up. Other than that, if it's a piece of paper, forget it... I can't
really see it. So now with this try, it's taken  quite a while, but I'm being
optimistic this time!! They're writing to ALL my docs to see what's going on
and my new opthamologist said he'll write a good report! I'll let you all
know what happens in the end.
I wish you good luck if you do decide to try... I was told that 75% of the
time they turn you  down on your first try. I don't know why but if you have
good documenation from your doctors, you may be able to get it then.
Love to all,

dx 10/1/81  (Florida)
Awaiting the arrival of my new pump, "Skippy"
Soon, very soon!!!!