[IP] Fwd: Re: Social Security Disability

Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 20:25:36 EST
From: email @ redacted
To: <email @ redacted>

Hi,

I need help.  I have been a diabetic for 24 years and I am 53 years old.  I was working full-time at a very stressfull job (working in the courts with victims of domestic violence as a legal advocate).  The pain I suffer from various ailments is unbearable but I push myself so that I can have access to medical insurance.  I finally couldn't handle a full week and cut down to 25 hours which would still let me keep my medical coverage.  I would like to be able to get disability but I am so afraid to quit my job and take the gamble and not be able to get it and then I end up with no insurance. I suffer with diabetes, neuropathy, retnopathy, arthritis, fibromyalgia, and a large herniated disk which hurts so much it makes me feel like throwing up every day of my life.  I am a menance on the highway because my driving foot is severely affected by the neuropathy.  doctors can't seem to do much for me other than give me a million different kinds of pills for each square inch of my bod!
!
y.  has anyone out there been ab
le to get SS disability with similar or less ailments or conditions?  I need some encouragement because i hurt so badly every day.

thanks
Julie Pea