[IP] Fwd: Re: Social Security Disability

Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 20:25:36 EST
From: email @ redacted
To: <email @ redacted>

I need help.  I have been a diabetic for 24 years and I am 53 years old.  I was working full-time at a very stressfull job (working in the courts with victims of domestic violence as a legal advocate).  The pain I suffer from various ailments is unbearable but I push myself so that I can have access to medical insurance.  I finally couldn't handle a full week and cut down to 25 hours which would still let me keep my medical coverage.  I would like to be able to get disability but I am so afraid to quit my job and take the gamble and not be able to get it and then I end up with no insurance. I suffer with diabetes, neuropathy, retnopathy, arthritis, fibromyalgia, and a large herniated disk which hurts so much it makes me feel like throwing up every day of my life.  I am a menance on the highway because my driving foot is severely affected by the neuropathy.  doctors can't seem to do much for me other than give me a million different kinds of pills for each square inch of my bod!
y.  has anyone out there been ab
le to get SS disability with similar or less ailments or conditions?  I need some encouragement because i hurt so badly every day.

Julie Pea