Re: [IP] basal testing and other questions....

Your basal rates may already be set to cover for your large intakes of
caffeine.  I fyou were drinking large amounts of caffeine when you went on
the pump, your rate would coincide with that intake.  You just may have not
realized it.

The amount of caffeine in tea depends on how long it is brewed.  The longer
the tea bag is n the cup, the more caffeine.  I too can drink moderate
amounts of tea that is lightly to moderately brewed without much effect on my
BG, but coffee does send me flying!  So YES...some teas may have just as much
if not more caffeine than coffee...it all depends on how strongly brewed it

Hope this clarifies!

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18 years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.
e-mail:    email @ redacted

'Diabetes is a disease of complications waiting for them to happen.'
--Mary Tyler Moore