Re: [IP] Spreading the word about pumps

>One of the ways is by participating in THIS FORUM. When new people
>come to the list with tales of woe about not being able to get a
>pump. We tell them exactly what needs to be done to find a doctor,
>fight an insurance company, solve problems, etc.....

So far I have "educated" several dozen of my friends, got my anti-pump endo
to assume enouigh profressional laibility to write pump prescriptions for
me and in two weeks I give my GP a 60 minute "course" on the pump.  for
April I intend to talk at the Grand Rounds which wil snare about 40 local
GP's and endos.

Push people!  push!

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &
the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.

of MDI!  (To date:  53% improvement in average bg's & 70% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1C = 5.1  (N = 4.3 - 5.8).