Re: [IP] Regular Insulin in pump use

> I was reading the web site about regular insulin. Can regular
> Humilin insulin be used in the pump, and not Velosolin? (sp)

Many people use regular. Velosulin is a regular insulin, it's just
buffered specifically for use in pumps. With the advent of polyfin
tubing, the buffering is apparently unnecessary.
Except the buffering can reduce site inflammation.  My endo confirmed for me
this week that the slightly acidic nature of insulin (regular or Humalog) is
what often causes site problems for people.  That's why mixing works so