Re: [IP] basal testing and other questions....

The caffeine in coffee is considered 'poison' by our bodies.  In response tot
he caffeine, our bodies release adrenalin/epinephrin which in turn causes a
release of glycogen.  Therefore your BG of 198 after 2 cups of it!

With the eggs...your body got no glucose and was also supplied with caffeine.
 When the body receives no glucose and caffeine on top of that, your sugars
will naturally go up.

I gave up coffee (well...95% gave it up...every once in a while I need a cup
in the morning,) and my sugars have been better. When I do have that morning
cup, I run high until my body is able to get rid of the caffeine, which for
mw is about 4 hours!

Also, the liver naturally releases glycogen when we exercise, but is normally
used up during the exercise.  Play with your basals during exercise...maybe
even before...you may be on the verge of dropping low before exercise (yet
not realize it...no signs, BG OK, but insulin about to peak,) and your liver
will have already started to release extra glycogen, therefore your Bg would
increase during the exercise.

Hope this helps!

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18 years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.
e-mail:    email @ redacted

"Diabetes is a disease of complications
waiting for them to happen."  Mary Tyler Moore