[IP] basal testing and other questions....

I was attempting to try and test my morning basal rate the other day.  I woke up at 128 and started the test.  I did not eat but I did have a glass of water and 2 cups of PLAIN black coffee.  At 1 hour I checked my sugar and it was 198.  I stopped the test.  The next day I tried it again and this time nothing past my lips (no coffee or water)for 5 hours and my sugars remained constant with only a 20pt variance.  What is the deal with coffee all of a sudden.  Today my sugar is running high and basically the only thing I have eaten is eggs and coffee.  I have never had problems with coffee before.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Also the last 3x I have worked out at the gym my sugars have actually gone up.  3 nights ago it was 145 before exercise and then 237 after 1 hour of weight lifting and treadmill work.  I don't eat extra for exercise and only drink water during exercise.  Why is this happening all of a sudden?  I'm starting to have complications after almost 15yrs of this!
 disease I guess maybe that is why things are so bizarre with my body now?  Anyone have any thoughts on any of this.  Thanks..
dx'd 87
pumping 00
email @ redacted

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life