[IP] Re: recent diabetic - Complications

Andrea Wrote:
> Yes, but please remember all the people on the list who have responded with
a "no" answer. >

I can't recall (~_^) the original of this thread but it sounds like only those
who have had DM a short time answered? I figured after 50 years you'd expect
me to have some anyway, so here goes: *had* neuropathy of the feet and legs.
Severe enough that I thought I was headed for amputation ('78-'83) but with
good meds and new endo got it under control and started pumping 8/83 as a
guinea pig. Instead of 400 mg of the med and high dose of Vit B6 for it, I now
take 100mg every other day of the med and a B100 complex for it.  I have had 6
eye surgeries including vitrectomy for retinopathy, DM cataracts, and laser.
Had a toenail removed due to fungus; heel spurs, endometriosis/hysterectomy,
gall bladder removed, thyroid dysfunction, fingernails are weak and split,
hair very thin, high BP with kidney dysfunction of 18%. I have a verrrrrrrry
sensitive nervous system which some long-term DMers go numb but I went the
opposite way. A grain of sand feels like a rock to my feet and you can't touch
my back without me flying through the ceiling.

The all-important ETC. escapes me right now (do you suppose that's memory loss
<teehee>). I have to laugh, it's too easy to cry at the type of an @. (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmbashpics (now
with an album of the EVOLUTION OF PUMPS)
Poor spellers of the world, untie!