Re: [IP] Praise for parents of diabetics

  I am glad that you took Natalee away from Children's.  How absurd that they
would want to wait until she was stable to ut her on the pump when the pump
could very well be the things that stabilizes her.  I'm sorry folks but
sometimes I wonder which bubble gum machine some of these medical
professionals got their licenses to practice from!!!!

  How can we DMer and parents/family members of DMer get the word out that
pumping is the latest and BEST wa y to deal with diabetes and that it should
NOT be looked upon as a 'luxuery' to go on the pump, any more than taking
shots would be considered a luxuery.  It is just different than shots!!!  I
get SOOOO frustrated reading these stories of these, what appear to be, total
IDIOTS whose lives are in some of these peoples hands!!  Where do they get
off thinking that they really have the say in how a parent is going to handle
their child's life!!!??  We need to get the word out!!  Any suggestions on
exactly what can be done.  I'm actually thinking about contacting our local
media forums; newspapers and news stations, and equesting an interview to
explain what the heck an insulin pump is and why it should not be looked upon
as a luxury item and with held by some of these IGNORANT doctors!!!!

Sorry folks but these latest about Natalee's care really set me off!!
Crystal, you could join me you know, contact our local news statons in
Seattle and your local newspaper.  Let me know.  I'm really srious about
this.  Something has to be done!!

mom of Joshua
Poulsbo, WA