Re: [IP] high bg's and peroids

OK, I'll try to be brief, I can just hear some of you going...oh boy!! LOL

I was a late bloomer, didn't get my period until I was 16!!  However, when I
first got it, I had all kind of weird bleeding. Got it for 3 days, went away
a week later it came back. Then, it went away for a couple of months, came
back with a vengeance ... and on and on. Had THE worst cramps ever!! My doc
put me on birth control to try and regulate it all and lessen my cramps. It
worked for the most part but sometimes they were just so bad I'd want to die.
I found that if you take a warm compress or heating pad on low, remember
diabetics aren't supposed to use those, but I figured if it were on low and
only for a few minutes it wouldn't hurt...but, maybe you'd want to ask her
doc.  Then, yes, after having my daughter they completely went away, of
course this is NOT an option for a 13 year old, but pass it on and she can
look forward to that. :o)  But after having my daughter, my body freaked out
and I had a period that lasted a year!! (Thanks to military quacks....oops I
mean doctors) then, just 2 years ago, I stopped having my period... hmmm, is
this a bad thing?? Well, it made me nervous and I kept asking my doc if it
was a problem....he contributed it to stress.... But after not having it for
a year, I got worried. Went to the gyno and checked out OK. He put me on some
hormones and poof, end of story, all is back to normal...and I said something
to him why??  LOL.... Anyhow, just ANOTHER story from little ole me!!
Love to you all...

dx 10/1/81  (Florida)
Awaiting the arrival of my new pump, "Skippy"
Soon, very soon!!!
My daughter would kill me too for this but... she's 9, not a diabetic of
course, but just started her period!! I thought I'd not have to deal with
this for a while. Geez