Re: [IP] School Disability

Actually Crystal it is a federally funded program where the schools are
alloted moneies in order to provide special care for those under the program.
 However, after talking with our school RN who is only at the school one day
each week, it is not a lot of money so no one is getting rich from this
program.  Also, each school is suppose to actually have a 504 Coordinator and
each district has a coordinator that keep track of the schools in that
district.  The principal doesn't really need to get involved but is informed!
 Also check with your local ADA office to see what, if any, state regulations
might be in place concerning children with D. in the public schools.  Our
state (WA) just passed regs that really saved mine and Josh's butt last year
when fighting the school over part of his care! It might be worth a try!

mom to Joshua
Poulsbo, WA