Re: [IP] Praise for parents of diabetics

email @ redacted writes:

I am unsure how old your daughter is & how long she has
had diabetes.  I was wondering if you have made her go through a diabetes
education course?

Natalee is 13, and yes we have been to many education classes. I hope that
each one that we attend makes progress. But I do think that one of Natalee's
major problem is that she is so sick all the time and has not gotten better,
only worse in the 4 years she has dealt with it. In fact she is in DKA
tonight and I have a strong feeling that we will be going back to the
hospital before the night is over. Her big wish is that she gets the pump. We
were going to the endo's at Children's Hospital and they told her that under
no circumstances would they give her the pump while she is so unstable. So
after 3 years of hearing that her unstableness is all our fault, I took her
away from Children's and have found another Endo who is willing to allow
Natalee to try the pump. I am hoping that this is what it is going to take to
get her on her way to leading a normal life.
Mother of Natalee, 13, still waiting for her pump