[IP] high bg's and peroids

I am 27 and while having diabetes for 22 years, I have been having recent
problems with my periods. My hormone levels are causing my bloodsugars to
jump tremendously. I have to watch 4-6 days before my period I have to bump
my basal rates up. Then once my period is over, lower my basal rates back
down. It is a lot of work to be a female diabetic. Good luck to eve. Be very
careful though. I've gone 22 years without going into DKA, but recently with
my hormonal problems I went on my period and then I went into DKA almost
immediately. I was in Intensive care for 2 weeks. But all was fine after my
period. For two months I have had to closely watch for changes before my
periods. Hope this helps.