Re: [IP] Praise for parents of diabetics

In a message dated 3/9/01 10:16:02 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> can't imagine how difficult and frustrating it would be to be a parent of a
> diabetic.  It's very frustrating to be a diabetic who is trying to keep
> tight control and while the pump makes it seem possible, it's never
> completely "perfect".  But to be the caretaker/parent of a child who doesn't
> understand or may not even care very much (at this time in their life) about
> keeping good control....whew...it just must be tough!

Thank you for the support. Yes, as a parent of a diabetic and not having it,
makes life a bit frustrated. I care for my child in all ways possible, but
when I have to sit back and watch her make unwise decisions, that is when it
becomes the hardest to take. Even though we try our best to set good example
for our children, sometimes that is not enough. I realize that being a
teenager is hard enough, but one who has a "difference" in their lives to
contend with, only makes it harder. Sometimes I feel that if I could just
step into her shoes for one day, maybe all this would be easier to
understand. But beings though I cannot, I have to take one day at a time and
learn how to approach the subject in a way that she will grasp.
Thank you again,