Re: [IP] Re: child reluctant to start pump

In a message dated 3/9/01 12:22:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Hi
> There are amany states now that have reduced incsurance for child
> and for children with chronic illness...some are free and some are
> based on income level. In NJ there is family insurance for low
> income families and free health insurance for children. Whether the
> benefits would include a pump I don't know but now that Medicare
> is there is the possibility.
> Gail

Hi Gail,
  Oregon has the Oregon Health plan.  We really didn't think we qualified
because we own our own business.  Years ago I had talked to someone on the
phone about it & when I told them our monthly income he said we did not.
This was not taking into account how much money went out in product & what
not.  I just talked to the district school nurse & she gave me a phone number
to this woman who she thinks can help me out.  She seems to know all the ins &
 outs to the state health plan.  So I will call her Monday & see if she can
help us out a bit.  I just have to admit that we really need the help.
Especially since my 17 year old son was just diagnosed with asthma ($1,000
worth of tests later).  We just can not afford to do this on our own anymore &
 I truely want to see Ash on the pump!!!!