[IP] Praise for parents of diabetics

I'm a parent and I'm a diabetic but I'm NOT a parent of a diabetic child.  I
just think we should all take time to praise the parents of diabetics.  I
can't imagine how difficult and frustrating it would be to be a parent of a
diabetic.  It's very frustrating to be a diabetic who is trying to keep
tight control and while the pump makes it seem possible, it's never
completely "perfect".  But to be the caretaker/parent of a child who doesn't
understand or may not even care very much (at this time in their life) about
keeping good control....whew...it just must be tough!  For the young
diabetics on this list, I hope you know that you should not feel guilty
about your disease or your feelings surrounding it.  I understand there is a
lot of guilt when you are a young diabetic.  Just respect that it is hard
for your parents (though no fault of your own) because they love you so much
and want you to be healthy.

Being on this list has made me aware more of our non-diabetic parents.  Lets
give them a hand!
kindest regards,
who got "juvenile diabetes" at age 29!