[IP] Was I the only one?

Wow, was I the only one who was not told they were going to live a short
life because of the diagnosis of diabetes?  I was dx'd at 11 (in 1963) and I
was always told that as long as I "did what I was supposed to do" I would be
fine.  I was also told I could do anything I wanted as long as I watched
what I ate and followed the meal schedule.  I followed these practices for
36 years and am healthy with no complications.  Now, with my pump (since May
2000), I have finally found the freedom I missed all those years.  I only
wish now that I had the opportunity to get a pump much sooner.