[IP] Pump a bomb threat?

Barbara, mum of Claire wrote:
> Oh Jane, That is such a funny story!  Did that really happen or are you
pulling our legs?  (I'm sometimes too trusting!) We recently moved back to
Canada from Northern Ireland, where remote
 controlled bombs are quite a reality. But I'm quite positive that no one
there would ever have thought a woman would try to set off a bomb in full view
of other people in a restaurant!!

I'm not Jane (Jan, though),
I heard this story back in the early '80s and it happened to someone. There
weren't a lot of pumpers around and it very well could have been Jane. But,
for you *young-uns*, back then was the time-period of the sky-jackings and
lots of bomb threats. To see someone with this large black box and a tube
*wired* into them, caution was everywhere. The incident I heard about was with
the pump that had a red light that blinked.

I remember standing in line at a McD's and this lad staring at my *monster*
since it was at his eye level. Check some of these pics out at
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmbashpics on the Evolution of Pumps album.  If
anyone has old manuals from their pumps with pics and specifications, as well
as memories, please e-mail them to me email @ redacted . (~_^)

Poor spellers of the world, untie!