Re: [IP] recent diabetic

email @ redacted writes:

> So often, the medical community will tell us what to
> do, but not why we should do it. (They just don't have
> time in the office visits and sometimes the education
> is few and far between.) She needs to know exactly why
> and how diabetes destroys the eyes and kidneys.
> Getting enough "whys" is a different journey for
> everyone.

So true are your words.....Thank you very much. But even though she also has
to have the need to be independent with her choices, to a certain point with
this disease, the worry and frustration of it all takes a toll on me. I too
have questions that sometimes go unanswered and a lot of "whys" as to what,
why, and how this affects each individual. So as I try and further my
education on all of this I try to pass some of this info onto her. Like I
said before, I hope that she is listening.........for this is her life and
she has it to do it for herself above what anyone else thinks.
Thanks again,