[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #940

> Can you elaborate more on the doctor's concern? Is he thinking about some
> physiological issue? A physical issue seems unlikely - it is the same
> medication with essentially the same treatment plan that would be used if
> she is on MDI. Of course long term effect are a real concern for anyone
> with DM if they don't manage good control.

He was talking about growth and brain development.  Saying he did not know
how the brain develops with low blood sugars...saying that being on the pump
increases your chances for lows.  From what I know I disagree with him.  We
do have an appointment with a new pediatric endo next week.  She was referred
to us by a Minnimed representative.