[IP] Re: child reluctant to start pump

email @ redacted writes:

> My husband & I had a conversation about it
> just today.  His concern is that there is always a needle(?) injected into
> her skin.  I told him that it is very small & just under the skin.  Also he
> wondered how it could really control the high blood sugars

Kim it really does control high and lows better.
There are needles you can leave in but the set I use you pull the needle out
and leave a little cannula, a smaller version of what you have when you an
i.v., under the skin and i usually can't even feel it is there.  If I feel it
it is time to change it.

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started 8-21-2000