Re: [IP] Child Reluctant To Start Pump

> I think alot of her resistance was fear.  That is
> why I took her to the seminars & talked with the doctor about it.
> Her father is also leary of it which doesn't help.  I think it is
> the idea of having it connected to her all the time.  My husband & I
> had a conversation about it just today.  His concern is that there
> is always a needle(?) injected into her skin.

It is not a needle, but a teflon or plastic catheter. I can safely
say that 99.99% of ALL KIDS and ALL ADULTS will tell you that you
would have to pry their pump out of their cold dead fingers before
they would go back to MDI. One of the things that kids tend to
report is that the don't have to do SHOTS anymore. As I mentioned
before, read the stories on the KIDS page of the web site.