Re: [IP] MiniMed

Terry...I spent 5 years on a Disetronic pump and hardly ever heard from them.
 When I called, I was dealt with...but always got the impression that I was
'just a number.'

I switched to the MM508 last November and was absolutely amazed at the
difference.  I switched to the MM because I felt it was much easier to use.
I have NEVER had a problem when dealing with MM. They have always been
helpful and friendly.  I called the night that I got my MM which happened to
be the day before Thanksgiving because I did not know that the pump 'ticked'
as it was delivering the insulin.  The guy and I joked about it, but he
reassured me that this was normal!  The D did not 'tick.'  I was certain that
I had a defective pump!  Needless to say, I did not!

You need the product...not necessarily the company.  You may end up like the
MM pump, you may end up like the D or even the Animas.  But choose based on
the PUMP.

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18 years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.
e-mail:    email @ redacted

SNIP >>>>>>>>> Just does not feel right, and with