Re: [IP] Where to wear the pump?

In a message dated 3/8/01 1:57:27 PM Pacific Standard Time, email @ redacted

> Many wear on a belt.  Some women in their bra.  I keep mine in my shirt
> pocket as I prefer to protect the tubing.  In summer I guess I'll use a
> belt case or the sport belt so i can just dive in the water w/o thinknig
> about the pump.
> many different and creative ways to wear one1

Hi there,
  I just joined the list & have been reading over emails!!  First I just
wanted to say how thrilled I am to see such a wonderful bunch of people
supporting each other!!  I can't tell you how awesome that is to me:-)  My
Ashley will be 10 next week.  She has had diabetes for 5 years.  We are still
injecting.  We have gone to a couple of seminars on the pump & of course
discussed it with our doctor.  Ashley has just not been ready for it.
Although now I think she is coming around.  She totally refused it last year &
 now she is thinking it might not be so bad:-)  I think it would be awesome
myself!!  As it is I have not had a good nights rest since she became
diabetic.  And sleepovers are so stressful!!
  Anyway I was reading this last post & Darrin Parker said he could just dive
into the water.  So I have to ask a probably stupid question to all of you
who already have experience with the pump but, is it water proof?  Do you
wear it in the bathtub or shower or while swimming?  This to me is amazing!!!
  Also I want to thank Michael for inviting me here.  I am already learning
so much!!!  And that is me the one just soaking up knowledge like a sponge!!!
Hugs to all you brave people:-)