[IP] Vitamin E

This is one of the things I have my daughter (10) taking (with
okay from her dr.)
Vit E does a lot of things. It is an antioxidant that prevents
oxidation of lipids - cell membranes are made of lipids and it
prevents the cells' coating from becoming rancid from the free
radicals. It helps with utilizing oxygen, immune response, and in
cataract prevention (caused by free radical damage), and may
reduce the risk of coronary artery disease. Selenium enhances the
Vit E uptake so they should be taken together.

This is not intended as medical advice, just informational only.

Judy said:
I know vitamin E is suppose to be good for diabetics.  Do parents
of diabetic
children have their children taking it??

Could you e-mail me privately, I don't get much of a chance to
read the list.

Thank you,

Take care, Kerri