[IP] Feeling kind of alone

Hi there,

Well, seven weeks into the pump and all is going pretty well! The only thing
that is kind of strange is that we never talk to anyone about it -- never
get an advice. We bought our pump from Minimed and never heard word one from
them again (they did not come to training but I'm fine with that, the video
was good). I do hear from the endo from time to time but NEVER from the CDE.
Lauren's numbers are pretty good but I confess to not feeling like an
expert. Oh well guess I will dig back into my John Walsh Book (my best
friend lately!) I guess I just thought I'd get a little more support . . .
and maybe I'm just being a baby and we don't really need it at all. In any
case, Lauren loves her pump and is happy. Meeting with school big wigs next
week to try to get someone trained in her school (no one is! NO ONE!) But
I'm just wondering: after a month should I expect to be able to pretty much
understand this all and make all the decisions on my own?

Mom of Lauren the fabulous third grade pumper