[IP] recent diabetic

     I started on the pump about 5 months after being diagnosed with
     type 1 diabetes. According to my fiance, now husband, it improved my
     mood imensly. I finally felt like me again. I was 23 when I got
     diabetes and it was hard going from eatting when I wanted, subbing a
     step class last minute without a thought, and sleeping till noon on
     saturday to the regimented life dictated by MDI. I was having several
     low bg's daily, NPH for lack of a technical term did bizzare things.
     Peaking at different times on day given day. The pump gave me back
     some of the freedom I felt I had 'lost'. I'm sure this is a YMMV
     thing. The thought of wearing a 24/7 reminder never really crossed my
     mind. I was already aware of this condition 24/7  with or without the
     little black box. It's been 2 plus years now on the pump and I'd never
     go willingly back on MDI.