[IP] Re: Bad Sites - Survey

> Just curious.  How often have you had a new site be bad from the start. We
have never seen it.  How about you?  Anyone. Curtis Lomax >>>

I've been pumping 17.5 years and don't recall bad sites needing a change. I
don't know what people are looking for to call them bad. I was a guinea pig
and we didn't have the knowledge of today. I've been scanning pages (for
Evolution of Pump album - see below) from my 4 pump manuals and one page of
instructions says to change every 24 hrs.  But, this was in the OLDEN days b4
the polyolefin (sp) tubing and Teflon cannulas. I did get 10 days once back
then and got an abcess from it. But that was MY fault!  When I insert a new
set I know it has to pool insulin there to work well and have taken Michael's
suggestion of leaving in the old set a few hours. I also learned to do the
0.5u prime to fill the Sof-set cannula INSIDE me. I just tolerated the 300s
for a few hours after a site change until the insulin pooled. I would have had
to pull out every set if I had changed again because of that high.

Thanks to the 'net I have learned soooooooo much. That's why after 17.5 yrs
pumping, I KNOW these 4-month newbies don't have ALL the answers. (~_^)  YMMV

http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmbashpics (now
with an album of the evolution of pumps)
Poor spellers of the world, untie!