Re: [IP] recent diabetic

In a message dated 3/8/01 7:00:39 AM Pacific Standard Time, email @ redacted

> . I had a horrible time with shots - was
> either always high bg or had multiple hypos each day, and was miserable. I
> didn't see any way I was going to live a long life, and wasn't sure I
> wanted
> to if I had to feel that lousy all the time.
> Since going on the pump I am absolutely convinced that I can live a long,
> healthy, but more importantly HAPPY life. The pump allows me to be more
> 'normal' - to eat when I want and sleep when I want and live how I want,

i have a 13 yr. old daughter who feels the same way and I am hoping that by
going on the pump it will enable her to lead a more normal life. we have
experienced so many highs and lows in the last 4 years and have gone through
so many times in DKA that i have lost count. her last A1C was 11.2 , so I
know that if this continues she will not be able to live the normal life that
could have if we had better control of this disease.
I wish you luck and hope that someday soon we will be pumping too.