Re: [IP] 12 yr anniversary

>> Today marks my 12 year anniversary. First time the
>> anniversary itself is depressing. I had my best a1c
>> this past year (5.9) but then it jumped a point or
>> two. I at least now have settled the college choice,
>> but diabetes itself, well thinking it's 12 yrs, I'm 17
>> yrs old, and the old "there'll be a cure b4  you
>> graduate high school", that seems like such crap right
>> now.. I guess I've never liked empty promises!

We were all told this i think!  Me in 1973 and others as far back as the
sixties.  Please don't lose heart.  for the very first time there are
finally viable controls (mechaincal and bio) in the works.  I feel
confident that withing 15 years there will be a perfect control!

sounds as if you're doing great!  You are young.  You probably won;t
appreciate it until you're old.

All my best to ya and keep the chin up - normal range control will delay
complications for most!

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &
the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.

of MDI!  (To date:  53% improvement in average bg's & 70% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1C = 5.1  (N = 4.3 - 5.8).