[IP] 12 year anniversary

I know where you're coming from.  I was diagnosed 18+ years ago.  On my 17th
anniversary I was so bummed out because I realized this was the year I would
cross the halfway point of having lived with diabetes longer than I had lived
without it.   Usually when I feel like this, I spend one day or a few hours
feeling sorry for myself and even shed a few tears.  (I actually find it very
therapeutic to have an angry/sad at  diabetes day once in a while - it gets
it out of my system.)  Then I get over it, realize that life is actually good
most of the time, and get on with my life.  And like Michael said, the glass
really is half full, not half empty.