[IP] Re: Stinging and itching

 Brian is just about finishing his first week on the pump.  He did a sight
 change this AM and I would say he is getting more tense with each change.  >>
Jocelyn - unfortunately, some of us have sensitive skin or "allergic"
reactions to preps, tape, insulin or who knows what.  I almost went off the
pump because of the itch/burn.  I couldn't find a place to put a new site
that wasn't healing and I was losing my mind.  I kept telling people I felt
like my whole life was dedicated to keeping my nose in my belly button.

I actually took a pump "holiday" for 3 weeks to give my body time to heal and
to test tapes and preps and infusion sets separately.  I kept careful records
and found my body responded to everything except less so with some products.
I'm now using Bard prep with the sils (my body seems to pretty well tolerate
that small piece of tape) and just started inserting through a layer of
Polyskin.  I began using a humalog/Velosulin mix which also has helped a

Again, I think a period of testing may be called for to see what Brian
responds to.  I found MM very willing to work with me and to send me samples
of various products.  I also had IPers send me infusion sets they'd tried
which was wonderful.  Good luck and keep us posted.  Jill T Peaks Island Maine