[IP] Leaving Old Sites In . . .

The idea of leaving old sites in for a couple hours after switching to a new
site makes a lot of sense to me -- but I'm wondering how long is too long to
leave it in . . . If we do a site change on a school morning, there won't be
enought time elapsed before we head out, but then it would be like 8-9 hours
before she gets home from school . . . Or do you parents of school age kids
change sites in the afternoon when they get home???