Re: [IP] bolus for low blood sugar

On 7 Mar 2001, at 17:40, s bk wrote:

> does anyone bolus when their blood sugar is low?  do you bolus for what you
> eat?  my blood sugar was 26 and i ate 1 strawberry cheese cake snack bar.
> it has 21 carbs in it 15g of sugar.  two hours later i was at 345. i have
> been on the pump of two weeks and still learning.

When I overtreat a low, then yes, I'll bolus.  But I usually wait
awhile first.

The other night, I ate at McDonald's and bolused, and then 15
minutes later, SLAM down to around 69, I think it was... I was
getting ready to do some lengthy physical work and that's just too
low to start 3 hours' worth of work.  So I took sugar.  Not a whole
lot though.

about 6 hours later, my bgs rose to >250 (I think.  I can't remember
numbers very well).

The meal had finally digested, and combined with the sugar....

I'm doing better about not overtreating a low.  But I still have to
work on it.