Re: [IP] Diabetes Product Fair Last Night - Long

First off, let me say that I'm not denying that there
aren't some really bad reps in MM.  But that hasn't
been my experience.

When I first started trying to get a pump, the D rep
was really pushy and was bad mouthing the MM.  The MM
rep on the other hand was super nice, and encouraged
pumping, and said that both products were very good.
There were just some rumors about the continuous
monitor from MM, and I asked the rep about it, and she
said that she suspected that patients on EITHER pump
(A were not on the market), would probably be the
first on the monitor.  In the end, I chose the MM.
For a bunch of reasons.  First I like the square/dual
wave.  Next, I like that I can go anywhere to buy
batteries.  I like how you push the buttons better.
And the thing that really decided it for me was I like
how the MM looks a lot more than the D (I'm not a
person hung up on looks for the most part, but I
decided the products were very similar, and since I
would be wearing it constantly for the next 4 years,
it did tip the scale).  But the D is waterproof.

In my close to two years on the pump, I've continued
to be happy with my MM.  I've had some problems, but
for the most part, they were my own fault (I scrambled
one by taking it in while an MRI was running).  MM has
been very nice about it, including the rep driving to
my house at night so I could use a loaner instead of
having to do shots for a night.  I do wish my MM was
waterproof, but I have given my pump a good dunk, it
is has been fine.

I know that some have had problems with reps after
they have recieve their pumps, but personally, apart
from the time the rep drove the loaner to my house, I
haven't dealt with a rep since I've got my pump
(except at fairs and when I call to get more info to
pass out to people).

So those of you out there, please don't judge MM reps
on the experience with a bad rep.  I don't judge D on
the bad rep I had (and if the new pump wasn't so ugly,
I would consider it as my next pump... maybe I'll go
for the A the next time around or another MM).  What
matters is that people get pumps.  When I meet another
pumper, my first question is never "which pump" but
usually "how long?" or "who is your doc".  Because I
find it almost irrelevant which pump (except when
discussing things like changing the
cartriage/resivour, or specific sequences of buttons
to press, or some specific bells and whistles).

Do You Yahoo!?