Re: [IP] Stinging & Itching

  We have always used IV Prep and then we use Mastisol liquid adhesive making
sure that I fan the area inbetween each of these applications.  We have never
had any problems with irritation.  One thing you don't want to do is tape a
site up onto a 'wet' spot.  That is why you should fan the area first.  And
IV Prep is a little sticky which helps the set stay on too.  Fanning the area
not only allows it todry a little but makes it a little tacky too!

  Also, I'm not sure how old your son is, but Josh is 9 and he has gotten to
a point where he complains about the site changes even before I start doing
them.  It is a DM rejuection response he is giong through right now.  At site
change is when he complains the most about being DMer therefore he equates
site changes as when he has DM the most therefore hates it and will start to
complain, even though nothing has happened.  Could this be some of what your
son is going through?  Just wondering!  (did I explain that so you can
understand it?  If not write to me off-list and I will try again!)

mom to Joshua