[IP] Re: Altace and high blood pressure

Camille writes:
<< I went to see my primary care doctor today.  He wants me to start taking
 Altace.  My blood pressure was 120/90.  He said the 90 is on the high
 side.  He told me that he is giving me the Altace as sort of a preventative
 measure.  I am doing some research on it and some articles say that it can
 also help with Kidney failure. >>

I'm not on Altace but I too had, what used to be considered borderline
hypertension.  I've been taking Prinivil for several months and BP is running
about 110/70.  My primary is very prevention oriented and said that, because
of diabetes, I'm at higher risk for heart attack and I have a family history
of strokes.  Do know the feeling of hating to take meds on an ongoing basis
but I agree with his rationale regarding prevention.  Jill T Peaks Island