[IP] Preggers update and the continuing

Sherry C,

I am so sorry you have had to go through not only the
stress of a diabetic pregnancy, but inept medical care
as well. You and the baby are in my thoughts.

Being diabetic forces us all to learn more about the
medical system and doctors than we care to know.
Doctors are trained in a system, which requires them
to take the Oath of Hippocrates. The second paragraph
reads, "... To consider dear to me as my parents to
him who taught me this art; to live in common with him
and if necessary to share my goods with him; to look
upon his children as my own brothers, to teach them
this art if they so desire without fee or written
promise;..." Followed by "I will prescribe regimen for
the good of my patients according to my ability and my
judgment and never do harm to anyone." It is
interesting to me the part of treating fellow doctors
like family is before the do no harm to patients part.
Doctors in the same practice stick together no matter
what even if they know one of their fellow colleagues
didn't do right by the patient. (That was a huge
period!) So, as patients we shouldn't waste our energy
or time expecting anything different of doctors. This
behavior is in their training. A few doctors who are
God's gifts to the earth may have different behavior
patterns, but they are a rare find.

I have learned to move on when the care is poor or I
am not getting answers to my health dilemmas.  Because
the doctor probably is giving the best care he knows
to give or the system allows him to provide, and if he
had anymore answers he would be giving them.

Best wishes, in finding a good doctor quickly.

Andrea Seitz
Type I 32 of 34 years
Pumping 2 years

>Sherry C,
>I have been following your thread and I'll throw this

>out for what it is worth. I'ed be ticked at the
>ob/gyn too.  He's the one who let the cat out of the
>bag....and started this snowball rolling down the

Do You Yahoo!?