[IP] Altace and Type 1 Diabetes

I have been reading messages on this list for about a month now and I think
it is great.  I have learned so much from everyone so far.  I have been
pumping for a little over a year and have been able to bring my HA1C down
to 7 from 9.0.

I went to see my primary care doctor today.  He wants me to start taking
Altace.  My blood pressure was 120/90.  He said the 90 is on the high
side.  He told me that he is giving me the Altace as sort of a preventative
measure.  I am doing some research on it and some articles say that it can
also help with Kidney failure.

I am just wondering if anyone on this list is taking it and if so has it

I usually don't like to take pills for a long period of time.  My
grandmother was on blood pressure medication for a long time and is now
experiencing many of the side effects.  So I guess I am worried about the
same thing happening to me.

Any thoughts or advise is greatly appreciated.