Re: [IP] First normal range HeA1C in 27 years! Yahooooooooooo!

>Excellent work Darrin!!
> Congrats! :o) Doesn't it feel great? You show that
>Endo. I had an Endo in Toronto tell me the same thing
>and she is quite a well known and respected Endo. I
>should write to her and tell her how great I am doing
>now. She said I would never be able to attain a HbA1c
>in the normal range on the pump, I would be expecting
>too much. I have proven her wrong.
> You are a wonderful example to other pumpers, doing
>all you have without the support of a Dr..
>All the best to you,

Thanks for your kind words, Carolyn!  They mean a lot.  You guys are the
only people who can appreciate this!

The endo i see is the "Top" metabolism endo" in this province; also the
only one who has ever seen pump patients.  According to him all his
"patients failed teh pump".  This guy doesn't even understand how to set
basals!  I worked my up to him over the years hoping to get to try a pump
but as of last Nov he made it clear he would not be supportive of my
efforts - so tomorrow i present him with teh data and once again ask him to
change.  If I don't get good cooperation, I leave him and enter a political
battle to get prescriptions for tax purposes for pump supplies.  Also I'l
seek out an endo who I may be able to train.

Glad you too proved your old endo wrong.  Please do let her know how you
are doing so that she may be more open-minded.

Thanks again and all my best wishes to you!

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &
the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.

of MDI!  (To date:  53% improvement in average bg's & 70% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1C = 5.1  (N = 4.3 - 5.8).