[IP] Re: Relationship Discrimination

<<<<snip>>>>>I am really afraid there will never be anyone for me. Has anyone else been through this?  I just need a little encouragement.

Laura, I have been through a very similar situation, and I can relate to what you're going through.  I wasn't engaged but was very much in love with someone who broke up with me because of my illness (which was in really good control while we were dating, and so it was even more of a blow to me and my self-esteem).

Now I'm dating someone who has given me shots so he'll know what it feels like if he ever has to do a glucagon thing, and who doesn't blink an eye if he has to call an ambulance.  He's developed a 'sixth sense' about insulin reactions and was so incredibly supportive this weekend as I had sugars over 500 for several hours.  There is hope.  I wouldn't have believed it myself a year ago before I met this guy, but there really is someone out there who will support you.

Feel free to email me privately if you'd like to talk about it.