[IP] First normal range HeA1C in 27 years! Yahooooooooooo!

Just got the results back!  My first A1C since starting the pump is 5.1
(normal range is 4.3 - 5.8)!  Haven't been there for 27 years!  Pre-pump
A1Cs were 9.2 - 11.0.

This normal range A1C includes three recent weeks of highs due to the flu
and one month of initial regulation to boot!

Many of you know I have no pump endo and started with second-hand pumps and
supplies three months ago.  It's only due to individuals i contacted via
the IP list and the IP list itself that I am able to write this letter.
Thank you to all: administrators and members!  Thanks so much!

I see my "endo" in two days and will, with the evidence, try to convince
him to have an open mind towards pumping - ha!  He told me I'd "fail"!  Ha!
I say!

Note I have been careful to not make any lifestyle changes since starting
the pump.  I test no more than I did when trying to get a normal raneg A1C
while on MDI.  Thus the improvement is 100% attributable to pump therapy.

Thank you.

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &
the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.

of MDI!  (To date:  53% improvement in average bg's & 70% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1C = 5.1  (N = 4.3 - 5.8).