[IP] Discrimination?

I am a 66 year old T1 diagnosed 14 years ago.  I was on MDI almost from
diagnosis and have been using a pump for a year.  My A1c's for several years
have been under 7 and I have not one sign of a complication.  I am thankful
for my good health and work very hard to maintain it.  My husband and I
recently spent two hours touring a life care retirement facility in our area
with an eye toward applying soon since there can be a wait for a vacancy of up
to five years.  I was direct regarding my DM when asked if I had any health
problems.  Later after a very brief conversation with the nursing director,
the news was forwarded that I need not apply because of my disease !#$%^&*
Does anyone know of a course of action that I could persue?  Is this
discrimination or are they perfectly within their rights to refuse me because
they are a "life care" community?  Because of our respective multiple careers,
my husband and I have redundant medical coverage.  This is the very first time
I have had to deal with anything even remotely like this.